Most of the information given here, and more, may also be found at Stockholm University's main international study site:

Tuition fees

As of 2011, students from outside EU need to pay a tuition fee. See the main pages of the university above for more information.

Financial support

If you are a student from a country where citizens require entry visas to get into Sweden you need to show that you have financial support secured for your period of studies in Sweden. For more details, see the Swedish Migration Agency's website.


Stockholm University offers some grants for students that need to pay tuition fees. The Swedish Institute also provides information about studying in Sweden including some information about the cost of living in Sweden and scholarships,


Students who are part of an exchange agreement should contact the Housing Office for help to find housing.

Other students should contact housing companies directly, as described on the web page of the Housing Office. Stockholm is a large city and for many an attractive place to live and work in. It is therefore in some cases difficult to find a place to live and we recommend students to start looking for housing as soon as possible. The University notice boards often contain available rooms/apartments. Also make use any contacts you may already have that can help find a place to live. Some usefull websites are listed below.
(sv) = in Swedish, (en) = in English. (sv), or (en) (sv) (sv), or (en) (sv) (sv) (sv/en)
Stockholm University Housing Office (en)